Take an Active Role
Whether the challenge is creating micro features on micro parts or on macro parts, participants in this event look for ideas to improve their process. Exploring the many processes available, this conference brings together industry professionals in key areas including:
- Precision Micro Machining
- Micro Molding
- Micro Metrology
- Emerging Micro Manufacturing Technologies
You are invited to take an active role in this cutting-edge program by sharing your knowledge and experience with current, new, and potential users of the technology. Don't miss your opportunity to participate in this premier event!
Interested in speaking or becoming a poster presenter?
Using a combination of general and breakout sessions, conference topics of interest include:
- Micro drilling, micro milling, micro turning
- Micro injection molding and micro two-shot molding
- Micro fabrication processes
- Automation and material handling for micro manufacturing
- Cutting processes: Swiss machining, laser machining and EDM
- Cutting tools: availability, consistency, quality, and tool life
- Process compatibility—integrating with other processes
- Achieving better finishes
- Technology updates
- How small can you go?
- How do you inspect things that small that have even smaller internal features?
- Materials—which ones to use, how to work with them and molding methods for parts that will be micro machined
- More accuracy
- Reduced cycle time
- Where is the technology today and where will it be tomorrow?
Benefits of Speaking
- Exchange lessons learned with qualified industry professionals
- Highlight your leadership, progress and success with micro manufacturing
- Gain industry-wide exposure
- Obtain international recognition through a comprehensive marketing campaign
- Present and publish a technical paper (optional)
- Receive complimentary conference registration
- Receive complimentary admittance to the exposition
Anyone interested in learning more about micromanufacturing attend this event. Previous participants included:
Owners, presidents and CEOs
New product and process development engineers
Molding engineers and specialists
Quality managers and engineers
Application and technology directors
Mechanical engineers |
- All presentations need to be informational and non-commercial in nature. This means focusing on technology and applications rather than a specific product. Strong preference will be given to those with strong technical backgrounds.
- Each speaking spot is 30 minutes in length. We generally recommend preparing 25 minutes to allow for 5 minutes of Q&A
- This is a volunteer speaking position.
- While we provide full conference registration which includes all meal functions, we are unable to provide subsidies for travel and lodging expenses.
Submit your presentation idea(s) by completing the Call for Participation Form
online including a 100-200 word description of your topic.
To make the most of your participation and to provide attendees with the best conference experience, we will ask you to provide us with a few things if you are chosen as a speaker. Below is a list of forms, materials, and deadlines for some of the items you can expect to submit.
|October 16, 2012
||Deadline for online abstract submission form|
|Submissions still being accepted|
|December 14, 2012
||Speaker selection and abstract acceptance notification|
|March 20, 2013
||Speaker paper and/or presentation due to SME for conference proceedings|
|March 20, 2013
||Confirmed speaker forms due to SME (biography, A/V requirements, registration form, author reprint form)|