Showcase Your Research at the Poster Session
Posters will be displayed in the exhibits area and will be open to all event attendees throughout the event. Poster authors will be available near their poster during the reception on April 16 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Benefits of a Poster Session
- Increased time for intensive discussion of research results
- An opportunity for questions or comments relating to clarification or expansion of points made or techniques adopted
- An opportunity for informal contact with viewers
- An opportunity for mutually beneficial interaction between the presenter and the audience
- A convenient means of establishing personal contacts and collaboration
- Establish a good professional reputation, leading to collaborative work and possible acquisition of research funds
- Establish a reputation as a skilled presenter, with possible invitations to participate in future meetings
- For poster presenters, the opportunity to have the supporting technical paper published as part of the event proceedings AND be eligible for the Poster Excellence Award.
What Will You Do During a Poster Session?
- Posters should be on display by 10 a.m. on April 16.
- On that same day, from 5:00 p.m. to 6;30 p.m., stand next to your poster.
- Answer questions that people ask about your research project. Viewers will ask a variety of technical and non-technical questions. Be prepared to speak to persons who will have little knowledge of your project and to those who may be well versed in your subject matter.
To become a poster presenter, submit the Call for Participation form. Poster submissions still being accepted.